Welcome to the Town of Aynor, SC

townscape.jpg
Simple

History of Aynor

In the early days, Aynor had a bustling tobacco market as well as a brickyard, cotton gin, and several mills. Today, a large mural at Eighth Avenue and South Main Street honors Aynor's railroad and tobacco history.

Where Aynor got its name is a controversial topic. In the 1900s, Aynor acted as a terminus for a railroad from Conway and was incorporated in 1913. Some believe that the Town of Aynor takes its name from Mrs. Mary Aynor Lewis. Mary Aynor was born in 1812 in the southeastern portion of North Carolina. Her family moved to Horry County while she was still young.

Affectionately

called the Little

Golden Town,

Aynor is

located in

western Horry

County and

has close to 600

residents.

Aynor got its

start in the

mid 1800s by a

man named

John Eyenner.

Eyenner owned

a farm which

residents called

"Eyenner's Farm."

Independence Day Fireworks

Saturday, July 9th at 9 PM

Viewing Available at Morris Manor & Aynor Town Park

Facebook
Twitter
RSS

600 S Main St, Aynor, SC 29511 | 843-358-6231 | Fax: 843-358-0754 ┬ęTown of Aynor. All rights reserved.